Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Time for You to Shine

I don't know about you, but I never have much luck with bronzers. Every summer they promise me the kiss of the sun, but after a swipe or two, no matter how light handed, I merely look like I'd been crusin' for a brusin'.

This is why I am so excited about the abundance of shimmer highlights out now. They are cousins to the bronzer: Think of the promise of health and bloom - not with the strength of the sun - but with the soft kiss of the moon.

Three favorites:

Bobbi Brown Nude Shimmer Brick limited edition
This entire collection makes me weak in the knees, but the shimmer brick is the, er, highlight. This product is as close as I will ever get to glowing like a fresh faced 23 year old again. And god do I miss that.

Handpressed in Italy, it is the perfect combination of 5 pearl piments: pink, gold, bronze, beige, and caramel.

Double duty: All of these highlighters are great for use in the eye area, but this compact especially so as the colors are multiple and defined. Luvs!

P.S. These photos are a better indication of the colors. The website link color is not accurate in the least bit.


smashbox Artificial Light Illuminating Lotion

smashbox first created a buzz with Artificial Light, which leaves skin looking soft and dewy. It's a tiny bit more unwieldy to work with than layering power, but it gives exceptional glow.

Don't forget these all look smashing on your decolletage too.








MAC Mineralize Skin Finish

With the latest Color Craft collection, MAC has a powder version with triple color, as well as singular sets.


Go forth and glow!



2 comments:

Marce said...

Great recommendations! I'm looking forward to checking out Colour Craft's MSF, specially since getting Redhead...sooo pretty! But I have to put it on really lightly cos if not I look to oily :(

Solessence said...

The ColourCraft is def the darkest option of the bunch. Glad to hear you like it too!

 
Web Analytics