Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day! What brought you here?

No sleeping in today. My son woke me up with a persistent tugging at my fingers, poking at my thumb. I looked at him from the one eye I could pry open.

"Mom, mom. I really like your nail polish."

I was testing out a new brand, and had a dizzying array of looks on left and right. Son apparently liked it in all incarnations. BTW, I was wearing a matte black tip (The Death Tar with gold line accent) on some, and a full dose of Fuggen Ugly matte gray, some with shine, on others. Thanks to ManGlaze Matte Nail Polish. More on the line this week.

Today was a lovely, laid back day with what is most important in life - family. I wanted to share the two things that brought me to this point:

My father snapped this shot of my mother not long after I was born. I can not believe how serenely gorgeous my mother looks. And fashionistas, she was on the cutting edge of the swimsuit. You can't see it in this photo, but the cutout suits of last season was the design. She had this suit custom made, with the front verticle connecting strip from bikini top to bottom. I remember trying it on so many times as a child. It was the coolest suit I had ever seen. It was beautiful on her.



Thank you to to the Mortensen family for getting beautiful photos of our son year after year. It is a privilege to be a mom, and Mary always captures this squealing/running/jumping bundle of love in the best light while also raising funds for MACC.

I hope your day was filled with joy and happiness and peace. If you'd like to share what brought you to motherhood, please do. Feel free to link away. ~ H.

No comments:

 
Web Analytics