Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where Were You? 1994

While trying to confirm if it was 1994 or 1995, I see NYT ran a story on her today. Is there some sort of revival? Is this why it was knocking around in my head?

Ever remember weird bits of info? I am not absolutely sure this is right, but it was around May 10th 1994 I went to see Leontyne Price at one of her last performances.

It was a mesmerizing performance. Obviously this video is not from that performance, but enjoy.














That night I wore an elegant white,cut on the bias, pearl & (silver) bugle bead ala Lillie Rubin. I had a complete obsession with the long tube bugle beads. Very Dynasty. The dress was more on the pearl side - it wasn't the matronly beaded dress you might be envisioning. But it did weigh a ton. Read here for a history of how Lillie Rubin became Cache Luxe.


It was a very hot night, but drinking San Pellegrino made me feel like I was going to vomit. That was the last time I sipped the bubbly. Lame, no? Most people shy away from alcohol but I had to go cold turkey on water.

No comments:

 
Web Analytics