Monday, July 27, 2009

BlogHer: Best mani/pedi accessorization

Meet: Melissa Massello , Founder & Editor in Chief of shoestring magazine

Spotted:
Revealing a great contrast in yellows and greens while unwittingly striking a pose.

I asked her a few questions about her mani/pedi philosophy:

Those colors look striking with your outfit. Do you usually go with a matching set?

I don't have a specific policy on matching colors, but I do generally "Go bold or go home," since I can get away with it with my Italian coloring and personality. If I'm not wearing yellow or silver, it's classic, lipstick red, although I've done everything from gold to metallic blue to neon green and back again.

As with anything in fashion, if you own it and make it your own and it makes you confident and happy when wearing it, people will notice it in a positive way.

Where can readers get the look?

The polish was OPI. It's a matte*, but they also make a pearlized yellow. I got the mani/pedi for $44 ($49 with tip) at Nail Perfection on East Ohio (Chicago, Illinois). I have a similar color I use at home that is between $7 and $9 at Walgreens and CVS.

*Can't find any lead on a yellow matte from OPI. However, there are a number of matte topcoats available that can be used.

Thanks Melissa. Kudos on the great site you have with shoestring.

How many of you will jump the bold and perhaps matte trend?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the compliments and the post, Hillary! Great to meet you at BlogHer. I actually found the OPI polish I used in this mani/pedi:

It's called "The 'It' Color" and it's from OPI's new "Mod About Brights" line. Hope that helps, and keep in touch!

Cheers,
Melissa

PS ~ We launch our bargain beauty section on ShoestringMag.com next week. ;) Stay tuned!

 
Web Analytics